Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Understanding

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3: 5&6

I just want to understand....is exactly what I said to Darryl last night at least four or five times in the conversation we were having. In this case we were discussing finances and I just wanted to understand the best way to use them. I kept saying I just don't understand, I want to understand the Lords heart on money. Some people say this is the best way and others say no this is the best way. It gets really confusing and overwhelming sometimes trying to figure out the best way. Darryl thought maybe I was over reacting just a little bit and assured me were weren't doing nearly as bad with it as I was feeling. :) I believe this is true too, but it was just how I was feeling. This morning I got up and read from the devotional Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young. The title was UNDERSTANDING. I thought to myself...finally some understanding :) but the words that followed didn't give me what I wanted...it gave me a whole lot more. This is the devotional I read this morning: 

Understanding will never bring you peace. That's why I have instructed you to trust in Me, not in your understanding. Human beings have a voracious appetite for trying to figure things out, i order to gain a sense of mastery over their lives. But the world presents you with an endless series of problems. As soon as you master one set, another pops up to challenge you. The relief you had anticipated in short-lived. Soon your mind is gearing up again: searching for understanding (mastery), instead of seeking Me (your master). The wisest of all men, Solomon, could never think his way through to Peace. His vast understanding resulted in feelings of futility, rather than in fulfillment...My Peace is not an elusive goal, hidden at the center of some complicated maze. Actually, you are always enveloped in Peace, which is inherent in My Presence. As you look to Me, you gain awareness of this precious Peace. 

So today I'll trust in My Father to lead us and guide us and not in my own understanding and there I will find peace. 

Now May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. -2 Thessalonians 3:16




No comments:

Post a Comment