Monday, April 11, 2011

Sick Days

Ewww... I hate sick days or do I? No really I don't like being sick or having sick kids in this case, but I do feel like I learned to appreciate something about sick days this past weekend.

Okay first a little background information: We just had a baby one month ago and life has been good, full & busy, but good. Jorden is 3 1/2 and Jonathan just turned two. Jorden is a big helper, but is still adjusting in her own Jorden way. and Jonathan is 2, need i say more? So I've been busy with the kids and housework. Darryl's been busy with school, lifting, and our family. Sometimes as much as I think I have to manage I think he has even more! We've also been enjoying the company of friends for dinner on several evenings. Plus for the past 12 weeks on Wednesday nights we have been attending Financial Peace University, only one more week left! So all that to say that it's just been good, full & busy, but so good. HOWEVER, even with the good, full & busy schedule you still need a break!

So this weekend when the kids came down with a little stomach bug, I welcomed the slowed pace of our home! No, I would never pick having my kids be sick, so we can have a relaxed weekend, we CAN have a relaxed weekend anytime we CHOOSE to. But it was fun to curl up on the couch and watch Cinderella all together or just sit and hold my 2 year old who rarely sits still and I was even able to catch a couple naps.

So do I like sick days? Not really, but I feel like it did make us slow down a little bit, which feels like it was needed. Don't get me wrong I love full days and weeks but you gotta relax and re-energize sometimes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment