Friday, April 6, 2012

Get in touch with Easter!

"But now a righteousness from God, apart from law,
has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood."
- Romans 3:21-25

Darryl & I were talking yesterday, and I said, "I'm having a hard time getting the Lord's heart right now." To which he replied, " Yeah, we need to get in touch with Easter!" We chuckled a little, but more of a nervous, that hit the nail on the head, kind of chuckle. So that was late last night. With determination of getting the Lord's heart, I got out of bed this morning around 6:15. Lets just say that by 7, I had successfully written out all my complaints, groans & moans...not only did I feel terrible because all I was focused on was negative things, but I also felt like I complete failed my task of getting the Lord's heart. I said to myself & to the Lord, "why can't I ever get it right?" Here I had 45 mins of uninterrupted time and I had completely wasted it in pity. So I turned to the Word (should have started there, I confess, sometimes, too often I underestimate its power). Romans, I can only say the Lord directed me there. Roman 3:21-25 and read the above scriptures...HELLO EASTER! It was such a relief to realize AGAIN that my own righteousness will NEVER be enough! It is a righteousness from God through faith in what my Jesus did on the Cross...spilt his blood & died (that's way simplifying the emotion that he felt in the midst of it). I mean at this point I can't even remember what I was complaining, moaning & groaning about. My heart cries out to know this deeper & deeper. So that I don't get caught up in the complaining, moaning & groaning. These scriptures also, called me out in my judgements of others. Ouch. That is a hard thing to swallow, all have sinned, yeah I would be a part of the ALL as much as the people who get released from the prison across the street, and yet somehow I think I'm so much better. God help me to walk in humility & love. I don't really have a good way of wrapping this up! I felt so challenged and loved all at the same time. Thankful for a father who helps me grow and is LOVE. Thankful, for what took place on the Cross & that the power of what happened on the Cross is still felt today.

No comments:

Post a Comment