Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Whoosh

Well, I've spent most of my day feeling sorry for myself and complaining. Been trying to get perspective all day. I don't know why its taken til 4pm to say this simple prayer...really more of a plea/cry for help, "God, I just don't know if I can do this right now!" And WHOOOSH in like a breath of fresh air a new sense of the Grace that is mine to take hold of! Suddenly, the request for an orange isn't heard as "mom get me an orange now, its your job to get me a snack" but instead "mom i want to eat healthy & i like oranges can you please get me one". The request to watch the same ballet move again suddenly sounds like "mom, do you think I'm a good dancer? aren't you proud of me?" Instead of "I'm bored and I want to bother you by asking you to watch the same twirl over and over again!" OKAY- I'm not proud of how I was acting-but I am thankful that My FATHER, heard my cry for help and responded! It was really more of a surrender, kind of like- I know I need to keep going, but I just feel like I'm on empty right now, Jesus please help me.

“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will.” Edward Everett Hale

2 comments:

  1. You are beautiful inside and out Miss Kelley Lum! I am so encouraged by your words of wisdom! Way to go!
    Hope you have a wonderful day today and the "whoosh" you felt last week -- will carry on thru this week! :)
    Terah

    ReplyDelete